zondag 9 september 2012

Zombie 108 (Taiwan/2012)

Let me start with saying, that for me, this has to be the first zombie movie I've seen to hail from Taiwan, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.
Too bad I never really got into this movie. The several storylines are all over the place, which at times makes it a bit hard to follow and the parts that meant to make people laugh, never were really funny to be honest.

When undead hell breaks loose in the dangerous district 108 which is run by a crime lord, a swat team send in to rescue survivors and the local criminals have to cooparate to escape the feeding frenzy. We also get to meet a mom searching for her daughter, who gets caught by some sort of creepy serial killer, two Americans caught up in the shit and some other survivors.

It isn't really clear to me what direction they wanted to go with this movie. Is it meant to be funny, creepy or what?
Where I find some zombieflicks of their Japanese counterparts absolutely hilarious, this one like I said, just couldnt make me laugh.
The serial killer part didn't creep me out at all and at the transformation scene of the crime lord into some superzombie I more rolled my eyes instead of thinking it was awesome. The effects in general were a bit on the cheap side it seems.

+ The zombies look alright, the action is not bad and some of the actors did a decent job. But these are the only things that kept my eyes on the screen.

- Too many storylines,not really sure which way they wanted to go with this one, jokes that I didn't think were funny, cheap CGI, weird characters.








Director: Joe Chein

Cast: Morris Rong, Yvonne Yao and Sona Eyambe.

 

Trailer:


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten